What should I do if I have a fever? How to reduce fever fast?
Fever is the manifestation of the body's immunity in fighting against bacteria or viruses. If there is a fever, you should monitor the change in body temperature. If the body temperature exceeds 38.5 degrees, you can take antipyretic drugs, such as acetaminophen and ibuprofen capsules, which can also be defeated. Hot injection Bupleurum injection, lysine. Combined with the physical cooling method, warm water should be used to wipe the neck, armpits, and other parts, and the cooling effect of ethanol wiping is more obvious. Pay attention to drinking plenty of water, the amount of water should be more than 2500ml to promote sweating and urination.
(1) Physical cooling method:
1. Drink more water: Drinking warm water in small amounts and many times can not only replenish fluids, but also speed up perspiration and urination, and promote the discharge of toxins and metabolic wastes in the body.
2. Alcohol wiping method: Use 100ml of 75% alcohol, add an equal amount of 27-30 ℃ warm water, start from the neck with a towel, and wipe in the centrifugal direction.
3. Ice pack cold compress method: put an appropriate amount of ice cubes into the ice pack, add an appropriate amount of water, wrap a towel on the outside, and place it on the patient's forehead for 15 minutes.
4. Towel wet compress method: twist a towel soaked in cold water into a semi-dry, and apply it to the patient's forehead, armpit, groin, and other large blood vessels to achieve the purpose of cooling.
5. Warm water bathing method: wipe the whole body with a warm water towel, the temperature of the water is 32-34 ℃, and each wipe time is 10-20 minutes, focusing on wiping the armpits, elbows, groin, etc.
(2) Drug cooling: Drug cooling is suitable for physical cooling ineffective or the patient's body temperature is above 38.5 ℃, and it needs to be administered under the guidance of a doctor.
1. Acetaminophen: Acetaminophen is a relatively safe antipyretic drug, but it can be toxic to the liver if the dose is too high.
2. Ibuprofen: a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, and analgesic drug with few side effects and good antipyretic effects.
3. Diclofenac sodium: mostly suppository, with few side effects and good antipyretic effect.
4. Chinese patent medicine: such as Bupleurum Oral Liquid, Antelope Horn Oral Liquid, etc., can shorten the course of fever and prolong the time of temperature control.